POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : MPEG back to BITMAPS! : MPEG back to BITMAPS! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  MPEG back to BITMAPS!
From: Christopher Fairbairn
Date: 22 Jan 1999 23:05:26
Message: <36a94a86.0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I have an animation which is in MPEG format. I would like to include this
MPEG in my POVRay Animation as a laptop screen.

Currently my laptop screen is a image map which is feed "lap%%%%%.GIF" with
the %%%%% being the frame number.

This is ok but at the moment all of the laptop image maps are the same (a
nice blue rectangle) because I can not figure out how to disect my MPEG
movie back into individual bitmaps.

I didn't make this MPEG file so I can't simply rerender it and digitally
composite it with the live video action. The MPEG was from a local Animation
House which made a TV Ad.

Does anyone know of a MPEG decoder which would enable me to convert the
movie back into individual image files for each frame?

Any help would be great,

Thanks,
Christopher Fairbairn.